Pumpkin Spice Season At HomeSep 18, 2023 12:46PM ● By Rose Terami
With a few simple ingredients, you can make your own pumpkin-spice recipes at home this autumn season!
Try a recipe like this one for homemade pumpkin spice syrup that can be used to make your own pumpkin spice latte at home.
● Brown Sugar
● Pumpkin Puree
● Vanilla Extract
● Pumpkin Pie Spice (storebought or homemade blend of ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, mace, allspice, and cloves)
● Gather all ingredients and add everything (except vanilla) to a medium saucepan
● Bring to a quick boil and simmer over medium heat for about 4 minutes, stirring often
● Continue stirring until all of the brown sugar is dissolved – the easiest way to test this is to dip a spoon in and check for any remaining granulated sugar at the bottom of the pan
● Add vanilla, and mix well, simmering for an additional 1 minute
● Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes in the pan
● Whisk the mixture to make sure it is well combined and strain into a large measuring cup or bowl to remove any solids
● Cool completely, transfer and store in a sealed glass jar, refrigerated, for up to 2 months
● If using in icing or frostings bring to room temperature before using to ensure it incorporates well
● Check before using – if the mixture looks cloudy it’s time to discard it and make fresh syrup