Detox Month: 5 Mocktail Ideas For Dry JanuaryJan 04, 2023 02:09PM ● By Stephanie Hatley
1. Magic Apple: A great winter nonalcoholic spirit, Magic Apple includes Ritual whiskey alternative, apple cider or apple juice, bitters, a cinnamon stick, and an apple slice. Combine the Ritual, apple cider or apple juice, and bitters in a tall glass with ice and stir. Then pour the mixture over a glass with ice, garnish with a cinnamon stick and an apple slice, and serve.
2. Vantage Point: If you enjoy coffee, you’ll love this mocktail. Ingredients include New London Light, coffee (cold brew, decaffeinated, or fresh), agave syrup, and an orange peel to garnish. Pour the New London Light, coffee, and agave syrup in a Boston shaker with lots of ice. Shake for about 15 seconds and strain into a tumbler over a large ice cube. Garnish with a twist of orange peel.
3. Blueberry Mojito: Even though summer is a long way off, you may yearn for the warmer months. Sip on this blueberry mojito to transport you to sunny days. You’ll need blueberries, mint leaves, lime juice, simple syrup, and club soda to make this fruity mocktail. Lightly muddle the blueberries and then add all of the ingredients and ice in a shaker. Shake for a few seconds then serve.
4. Pineapple Cobbler: Another tropical delight that will have you imagining palm trees and summer breezes is this pineapple cobbler. You can easily find all of the ingredients at the local grocery store. Grab strawberry juice, lime juice, pineapple juice, and club soda. In a shaker, combine the lime and pineapple juice. Shake well and strain into a highball glass over ice. Pour in club soda and gently float the strawberry juice on top.
5. Peppermint White Russian: If you’re still in the holiday spirit, try this minty mix of strong brewed coffee, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, heavy cream, and a peppermint stick to garnish. Pour the coffee over ice and add the extracts. Next add the heavy cream so that it floats at the top of the mixture. Give the drink and stir and add a peppermint stick.
If you’re choosing to have a dry January after all of the festivities of December, you can still enjoy fanciful and tasteful mocktail creations. Go ahead and host another get-together. Watch a football or basketball game with your friends. Your guests will love these drink offerings!