8 Breweries To Visit This Summer in NH/VTJul 05, 2022 11:07AM ● By Rose Terami
Vermont and New Hampshire are well-known for their rich craft beer culture, with many local breweries offering up unique and flavorful brews for beer aficionados and novices alike to enjoy. If you’re looking for a more immersive experience than just buying beer off a store shelf, consider visiting a brewery or two to see how your drink is made and enjoy some samples or a tasting on-site at one of these 8 breweries.
Lawson’s Finest Liquids, Waitsfield, VT
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids offers a variety of events, including beer tastings, musical entertainment nights in the beer garden (Tuesday Tunes), and taproom visits. This brewery also appears at local events such as beer festivals and fundraisers. Check out upcoming events here.
- If you’re planning a visit, the taproom at the brewery is open Sunday to Thursday from 11 am to 7 pm and Friday to Saturday from 11 am to 8 pm.
- Location: 155 Carroll Road, Waitsfield, VT
Upper Pass Beer, South Royalton, VT
- Upper Pass Beer is a Tunbridge-based brewery offering a line of tasty craft beers that feature hop-centric, malty, and yeast-influenced ale styles.
- The South Royalton tasting room offers Upper Pass’s craft brews on tap and for retail can sales plus Upper Pass merchandise. It’s open Wednesday to Saturday from 12 to 7 pm and Sunday from 12 to 4 pm.
- Location: 228 Chelsea Street, South Royalton, VT
Harpoon Brewery Taproom & Beer Garden, Windsor, VT
- Windsor’s Harpoon Brewery features craft beer, ciders, seltzers, and food.
- The taproom’s hours are Sunday to Wednesday 11 am to 6 pm and Thursday to Saturday 11 am to 8 pm. Consider making a reservation here.
- Location: 336 Ruth Carney Drive, Windsor, VT
Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery, Brattleboro, VT
- Visit Whetstone Brewery to enjoy some food and craft beer from their wide selection on tap, featuring year-round offerings including signature IPAs and ales.
- Whetstone is open Sunday to Thursday from 12 to 9 pm and Friday to Saturday from 12 to 10 pm.
- Location: 36 Bridge Street, Brattleboro, VT
603 Brewery, Londonderry, NH
- 603 Brewery offers elevated pub food from their scratch kitchen along with their line of on-tap craft beers, featuring several IPAs, sour ales, lagers, and fruity hard seltzers. The Brewery and Beer Hall Barrel room can also be rented as a private event space.
- Open Wednesday 4 to 9 pm, Thursday to Saturday 12 to 10 pm, and Sunday 12 to 6 pm.
- Location: 42 Main Street, Londonderry, NH
Black Flannel Brewing, Distillery, Culinary Co., Essex, VT
- Essex’s Black Flannel Brewing Co. is a brewery and distillery offering beer and spirits and farm-fresh food from their kitchen. The brewery is open Monday to Thursday from 4 to 9 pm and the beer garden is open Monday to Tuesday from 4 to 9 pm, Wednesday to Thursday from 4 to 10 pm, Friday to Saturday from 12 to 10 pm, and Sunday from 12 to 5 pm, with no reservations required. View upcoming events here.
- Essex Distillery hours are Wednesday to Saturday 12 to 5pm.
- Location: 21 Essex Way, Essex Junction, VT
Long Trail Brewing Company, Bridgewater Corners, VT
- Long Trail Brewing offers hiking trail–inspired brews such as their Long Trail Ale, Vermont IPA, Northwest IPA, Trail Hopper IPA, and many more.
- The pub and brewery are open Wednesday to Sunday 12 to 6pm, and reservations are required.
- Location: 5520 US Route 4, Bridgewater Corners, VT
Schilling Beer Company, Littleton, NH
- Visit Schilling Beer Company in Littleton to enjoy a line of European-inspired beers in the Scandinavian farmhouse-inspired tasting room.
- The store, tasting room, and food truck are open from 11 am to 8 pm daily. The brew pub and kitchen are open from 11 am to 9 pm daily.
- Store and tasting room location: 26 Mill Street, Littleton, NH
- Brew pub and kitchen location: 18 Mill Street, Littleton, NH