Homemade Chocolate Truffles: Just In Time For Valentine's Day
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry flavor + 1/4 cup (85g) melted raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon (7g) espresso powder + 1 1/2 tablespoons (21g) coffee liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon hazelnut flavor + toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon orange oil + 1 to 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup (78g) finely chopped toffee or praline candy bar
- chopped nuts, sprinkles, sugar decorations, nonpareils, cocoa nibs, and/or toasted coconut
To make the centers: Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream to a simmer, and pour it over the chocolate. Let the mixture sit for 3 minutes, then stir until smooth. If the chocolate doesn't melt completely rewarm briefly in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until the mixture is smooth.
Add the flavors or flavor combinations of your choice. Stir until everything is well-combined.
Line a 9" x 13" baking sheet with parchment or plastic wrap, and pour the chocolate over it; don't spread it out. Cover the pan, and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes, until the mixture is thick and "scoopable."
To assemble the truffles: When the mixture is cool enough to hold its shape, scoop small balls of the chocolate onto a baking sheet that's been lightly dusted with cocoa. For perfectly round truffles, quickly roll each one between the palms of your hands. You have to do this quickly, or the chocolate will become too soft.
To view the original recipe click here.